They Sell it, So it's Safe

March 7, 2017
I feel that as humans we are mostly all trusting. I don't know about you, but I remember when I realized that just because they sell it doesn't mean it's safe. This realization happened to me during my years of being a free spirited traveler. You meet people from all over the world, and they talk! Hmmmm interesting. I met people from Canada that mentioned that many of the products sold in the US are not allowed to be sold in Canada for various reasons, including chemicals. My friends in Norway were baffled in Australia that foods and other products had such a long shelf life. This made me curious.

Autumn Legs
Once you start reading labels you see that there are many ingredients you do not recognize. Try searching what they are! I have found fermaldehyde in shampoo, carcinogens in facial products, and the all famous parabens and other ingredients that mimic estrogen and can cause fertility problems! This is so shocking to me. The cool thing is that I meet more people every day that are aware of this and are conscious shoppers. We have to protect ourselves and be careful about everything we put on and in our bodies. This is obviously something I'm very passionate about. That is why Holistica Botanicals uses not one of these even questionably harmful substances. It's hard to find companies that you can count on! There is very little regulation on the word "Natural" therefore, you really can't rely on it.
Quiet Forest
The best part about all of this is what I discovered after the initial shock! Nature is simply amazing and you really can't beat it. Problems arise when we try to out-do nature. My makeup remover is a great example. You can search high and low for a makeup remover that actually removes waterproof makeup. Then I started making my own and it works! Hmmmm chemicals not necessary. You will see our "chemical free living" product line continue to grow and now you know why!





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Start at the Very Beginning

Detox Me!

Feet?